[Numpy-discussion] 'nansqrt' function?

Andras Deak deak.andris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:07:12 EST 2019

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 10:46 AM Mauro Cavalcanti <maurobio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> IPython is full of secrets! More traditional users (myself included) usually look for the official documentation, so it would be really useful if such hints were also available there.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but what ipython does is merely give
you the appropriate docstring, in this case the module docstring of
numpy.lib.nanfunctions
(https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/numpy/lib/nanfunctions.py#L1-L22).
So you have to know where to look to find it, but it's official.
I believe Chuck's remark of "looks like a module level entry should be
added to the documentation under 'NaN functions
(numpy.lib.nanfunctions)'" suggests exactly to have this information
in the online docs, somewhere at
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/routines.html
Regards,

András