[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-User] Why slicing Pandas column and then subtract gives NaN?

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Fri Feb 15 18:51:35 EST 2019

On 15-02-2019 14:48, C W wrote:
> Fair enough. Python has been called the #1 language for data science. If
> I'm slicing a[2:5] out of range, why not throw an error. This is> disappointing!

No one here is trying to convince you to use Python. If you don't like
it, don't use it. Complain in this venue about how you don't like the
language is not productive and it is not going to change Python's (or
Numpy's) design. I suggest you to instead invest the time to understand
why things work the way they do.

Cheers,
Dan