[Numpy-discussion] Stepping down as NumFOCUS liason

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:51:50 EST 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 4:33 PM Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nathaniel,
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 11:19 AM Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As part of our relationship with NumFOCUS, we have to have some liasons
>> so they know who to contact etc. So far that's been Ralf and me. But, I
>> haven't had as much time for numpy recently, and I think it would be better
>> to hand this off to someone who's more active. Is anyone interested?
>> Someone on the steering council would probably be most natural.
>>

> Thanks for the ping. I hope you are doing well, we miss your input.

+1 to that. And thanks for being one of the NumFOCUS contacts until now
Nathaniel.

Any other takers? It's very little work. We get a monthly email from Gina
asking for input on the NumFOCUS projects newsletter (new releases,
sprints, etc.), and an occasional request that needs answering or
forwarding to the steering committee. So far I think we've only sent one
serious request to NumFOCUS - a check on a license thing with MKL I
believe. Finally you can just the NumFOCUS projects mailing lists and Slack
channel, which is quite informative and interesting (sharing by other
projects of relevant things mainly).

Cheers,
Ralf