[Numpy-discussion] Season of Docs applications

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 22:19:00 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Here is a short update on Season of Docs. We are very happy and impressed
with the number and quality of tech writers who applied to NumPy and SciPy.
We decided we would really like to accept more people than the number of
slots Google is likely to give us. We have found some more funding and
mentoring bandwidth to be able to do so. After Google announces which
candidates have been accepted, we will reach out to the next people on our
shortlist and offer them the same mentoring and funding for their proposed
projects as the accepted GSoD writers.

I'm really looking forward to an interesting and productive fall working
with several of you. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Ralf