[Numpy-discussion] Syntax Improvement for Array Transpose

Kirill Balunov kirillbalunov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:16:05 EDT 2019

вт, 25 июн. 2019 г. в 21:20, Cameron Blocker <cameronjblocker at gmail.com>:

> It seems to me that the general consensus is that we shouldn't be changing
> .T to do what we've termed matrix transpose or conjugate transpose.

Reading through this thread, I can not say that I have the same opinion -
at first, many looked positively at the possibility of change - `arr.T` to
mean a transpose of the last two dimensions by default, and then people
start discussing several different (albeit related) topics at once. So, I
want to point out that it is rather difficult to follow what is currently
discussed in this thread, probably because several different (albeit
related) topics are being discussed at once. I would suggest at first
discuss `arr.T` change, because other topics somewhat depend on that
(`arr.MT`/`arr.CT`/`arr.H` and others).

p.s:  Documentation about  `.T` shows only two examples, for 1d - to show
that it works and for 2d case. Maybe it means something? (especially for
new `numpy` users. )

with kind regards,
-gdg