[Numpy-discussion] MY INTRODUCTION TO NumPy COMMUNITY

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:46:35 EDT 2019

Hi Kerlyn, welcome!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 12:36 AM Nkep Kerlyn <kerlynmanyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am a Computer Engineer(Telecoms major) from Buea, Cameroon. I recently
> completed undergraduate studies from the University of Buea.
>
> I am interested in contributing to NumPy during and after the upcoming
> session of Outreachy 2019. I am proficient in Python and  fluent in English
> speaking and communication. I am also a beginner in NumPy but I am ever
> ready to learn.
>
> I have looked at the Outreachy Ideas page. I have setup my development
> environment and will start solving issues immediately. I will be grateful
> if i can be pointed out to a good first bug.

I think Matti or another mentor already replied off-list or in the
Outreachy forum, but I thought I'd point out a good issue here as well:
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/13114. The numpy.ma and
numpy.polynomial parts of that are probably a little easier to get started
with than the C API part, so I would recommend picking one of those. Please
feel free to comment on the Github issue if you need some help.

Cheers,
Ralf