[Numpy-discussion] Outreachy applicant: Improve C API Documentation for Numpy

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:06:44 EDT 2019

On 17/3/19 3:33 pm, Nisha Aggarwal wrote:
> Hello,
> I am an Outreachy applicant interested in the project: Improve C API
> Documentation for Numpy, but I am unsure of how to proceed. Can
> someone guide me here?
> Thanks

Hi and welcome.

The relevant issues have the DOC tag, you can see them via

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+doc+label%3A%2204+-+Documentation%22

Especially relevant are

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/13013 which I think someone is
already working on

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/13104 which can be broken into a
number of smaller PRs

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12632

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12385

and

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/12097 which is a wip to add a
version selector. This is not really connected with python or numpy, and
is a pure javascript issue.

Our workflow is based on github, for an introduction see
http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/dev/gitwash/development_workflow.html.

For instructions on building the documentation, which uses sphinx, see,
http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/docs/index.html?highlight=documentation

Matti