[Numpy-discussion] Outreachy Program Aspirant

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 07:59:38 EDT 2019

On 20/3/19 12:20 pm, rishab lamba wrote:

> Hi, I am Rishab Lamba undergoing my B.Tech from BVCOE, India. As an
> applicant from Outreachy, I was going through this project
> https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/numpy/#improve-c-api-documentation-for-numpy
> and would like to work on it. I was not aware of such a program and
> hence cutting it really close to the deadline but I still hope if I
> can make contributions as much as possible to the numpy repository.
> For this, any guidance for submitting the PRs will be appreciated

Hi and welcome.

The relevant issues have the DOC tag, you can see them via

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+doc+label%3A%2204+-+Documentation%22

Especially relevant are

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/13013 which I think someone is
already working on

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/13104 which can be broken into a
number of smaller PRs

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12632

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12385

and

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/12097 which is a wip to add a
version selector. This is not really connected with python or numpy, and
is a pure javascript issue.

Our workflow is based on github, for an introduction see
http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/dev/gitwash/development_workflow.html.

For instructions on building the documentation, which uses sphinx, see,
http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/docs/index.html?highlight=documentation

Feel free to reach out to me directly with further questions.
Matti