[Numpy-discussion] Contributing: NumPy Documentation

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Mon May 6 22:30:14 EDT 2019

On 6/5/19 10:22 pm, Bhanu Bhandari wrote:
> Hello,
> I’m Bhanu, a third year student of Electronics and Computers
> Engineering. I’d like to get started with contributing into the NumPy
> documentation. I’m a writer who is actively machine learning research
> as well, and have used NumPy extensively for my coding assignments and
> research work.
>
> Thanks,
> Bhanu Bhandari

Hi and welcome. We use github to manage our code which is found at
https://github.com/numpy/numpy. You already found our documentation
which includes the guide to building and extending the documentation
http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/docs/index.html. For a more general
description of getting started with git and a general developer
workflow, see http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/dev/index.html.

Specifically for the GSOD '19 project we are looking to engage with
experienced technical communicators on ways to improve the
documentations website: layout, content design, usability and more. Feel
free to reach out to me directly to continue the conversation on what
that may entail.

Matti