[Numpy-discussion] Preparation for 1.17.x branch

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed May 8 05:26:28 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:03 AM Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM Stephan Hoyer <shoyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd love to get the revisions of NEP-18 finalized. I guess this means
>> we'll need to reach a decision on
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/13305

Another thing that would be nice to do is have an early beta or release
candidate with __array_function__ enabled that stays up for a while (say 3
weeks). And then encourage people to test their code a bit more than we
usually do (if it's a pip install --pre away, that's easier to do). At the
moment __array_function__ has gotten almost zero testing is my feeling,
because it's tricky to enable.

Ralf