[Numpy-discussion] Was the range() function ever created?

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 22:26:43 EDT 2019

Hello all,

I am want to calculate the range of a vector. I saw that someone asked for
range() in 2011, but was it ever created?
https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas/issues/288

Response at the time was to use df.describe(). But df.describe() gives all
the 5-number summary statistics, but I DON'T WANT wall the extra stuff I
didn't ask for. I was expected a numerical number. I can use that to feed
into another function.

It exists in Matlab and R, why not in Python? I'm quite frustrated every
time I need to calculate the range.

Thanks in advance.