[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.16.4 released.
Charles R Harris
charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue May 28 15:39:48 EDT 2019
Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
Apr 21, 2019, 8:39 PM
to numpy-discussion, SciPy, SciPy-User, bcc: python-announce-list
On behalf of the NumPy team I am pleased to announce the release of NumPy
1.16.4 which contains several fixes for newly reported bugs. The Python
versions supported in this release are 2.7 and 3.5-3.7.
Downstream developers building this release should use Cython >= 0.29.2
and, if using OpenBLAS, OpenBLAS > v0.3.7. Wheels for this release can be
downloaded from PyPI <https://pypi.org/project/numpy/1.16.4/>, source
archives and release notes are available from Github
If you are installing using pip, you may encounter a problem with older
installed versions of NumPy that pip did not delete becoming mixed with the
current version, resulting in an ``ImportError``. That problem is
common on Debian derived distributions due to a modified pip. The fix is
to make sure all previous NumPy versions installed by pip have been
removed. See #12736 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/12736> for
discussion of the issue.
A total of 10 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by
names contributed a patch for the first time.
- Charles Harris
- Eric Wieser
- Dennis Zollo +
- Hunter Damron +
- Jingbei Li +
- Kevin Sheppard
- Matti Picus
- Nicola Soranzo +
- Sebastian Berg
- Tyler Reddy
*Pull requests merged*
A total of 16 pull requests were merged for this release.
- gh-13392: BUG: Some PyPy versions lack PyStructSequence_InitType2.
- gh-13394: MAINT, DEP: Fix deprecated ``assertEquals()``
- gh-13396: BUG: Fix structured_to_unstructured on single-field types
- gh-13549: BLD: Make CI pass again with pytest 4.5
- gh-13552: TST: Register markers in conftest.py.
- gh-13559: BUG: Removes ValueError for empty kwargs in arraymultiter_new
- gh-13560: BUG: Add TypeError to accepted exceptions in crackfortran.
- gh-13561: BUG: Handle subarrays in descr_to_dtype
- gh-13562: BUG: Protect generators from log(0.0)
- gh-13563: BUG: Always return views from structured_to_unstructured
- gh-13564: BUG: Catch stderr when checking compiler version
- gh-13565: BUG: longdouble(int) does not work
- gh-13587: BUG: distutils/system_info.py fix missing subprocess import
- gh-13620: BUG,DEP: Fix writeable flag setting for arrays without base
- gh-13641: MAINT: Prepare for the 1.16.4 release.
- gh-13644: BUG: special case object arrays when printing rel-, abs-error
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion