[Numpy-discussion] welcome Shaloo Shalini to the NumPy team

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:17:38 EST 2019

Hi all,

Please welcome Shaloo Shalini to the NumPy team. Shaloo is an
experienced technology
marketing consultant with a passion for open source. She has been
contributing graphical content, information mapping and technical writing
since the summer. Most of that still needs to be integrated into the docs,
the website, and the user survey that Inessa is designing, but I'm really
excited about it. Nice examples are
https://github.com/numpy/numpy-surveys/pull/3 and
https://github.com/numpy/numpy.org/pull/23.

The NumPy Steering Council has decided to use part of our new Tidelift
income to contract Shaloo part-time for the next three months to help us
create content for the new website and create an information map that will
aid us in, e.g., restructuring the documentation and consolidating
duplicate content. Both of these activities will be very helpful in our
efforts to make NumPy more accessible and serve especially beginning users
and contributors better.

I'm really looking forward to Shaloo's continued contributions!

Cheers,
Ralf