[Numpy-discussion] NumPy Community Survey

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Thu Sep 12 12:10:27 EDT 2019

Hi all,

On Thu, 2019-08-29 at 00:41 -0400, Inessa Pawson wrote:
> You know that NumPy is essential to the Python community. The NumPy
> team wants you to know that YOU, our user and developer community,
> are essential to us. That’s why we are putting together a team to
> create the inaugural NumPy Community Survey.
> We hope feedback will provide insights that will help us to guide
> better decision-making about the development of NumPy as software and
> community.
> For more information about the proposed survey please refer to
> github.com/numpy/numpy-surveys .
>
> Call for Contributions
> We are looking for volunteers experienced in survey design and
> translating English into Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi, Chinese
> and other languages.
>
> If you’d like to learn more about these volunteer opportunities, or
> additional ways to support NumPy, feel free to reach out to our
> community coordinators at numpy-team at googlegroups.com or join us on
> Slack numpy-team.slack.com (email to numpy-team at googlegroups.com for
> an invite first).

Just a reminder for everyone that the survey planning is ongoing and
happening at https://github.com/numpy/numpy-surveys as well as the
Slack channel above (and our weekly community calls). So if you are
interested or always wanted to ask users specific questions now or soon
is a good time to contribute. It is a rare opportunity for us to do
such a survey!

Best,

Sebastian