[Numpy-discussion] NEP 30 - Duck Typing for NumPy Arrays - Implementation

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 16 15:25:35 EDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 4:02 AM Peter Andreas Entschev <peter at entschev.com>
wrote:

> Apologies for the late reply. I've opened a new PR
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14257 with the changes requested

thanks!

I've written a small PR on your PR:

https://github.com/pentschev/numpy/pull/1

Essentially, other than typos and copy editing, I'm suggesting that a
duck-array could choose to implement __array__ if it so chooses -- it
should, of course, return an actual numpy array.

I think this could be useful, as much code does require an actual numpy
array, and only that class itself knows how best to convert to one.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov