[Numpy-discussion] participating in AI Code-In?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:21:43 EDT 2020

Hi all,

We got an invitation to participate in AI Code-In (
https://aicode-in.github.io/AICode-In/). It's a new initiative, seems a bit
GSoC like, but created by and for middle/high schoolers. We'd have to
create tasks to work on (more like tagging/creation actionable issues than
a full project), and provide some mentoring bandwidth.

It seems well-organized and because it's a new initiative it may be smaller
and more "early adopter" than GSoC. Would anyone be interested to
participate as a mentor and/or lead the NumPy organization participation?

Cheers,
Ralf