[Numpy-discussion] NEP 42 being accepted (New and extensible DTypes)

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Mon Dec 7 14:30:25 EST 2020

Hi all,

It has been a very long time since my emails asking to accept the NEP:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2020-October/081038.html

Happy to wait for a bit longer, but without any hesitation/points
raised, I consider the NEP as accepted.  At this time most of the
important points have even been included in NumPy itself.

That leaves still a lot of freedom to modify the final public API, but
that is not the most important part with respect to moving forward.

I have opened a PR to that affect:
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/17953

Cheers,

Sebastian