[Numpy-discussion] Deprecate np.testing.dec

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:17:58 EST 2020

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 11:09 AM Kevin Sheppard <kevin.k.sheppard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have you performed a search on GitHub to look for use of the decorators?
> I think external use is more of a concern than internal.
>

> Kevin

Note that nose is no longer supported and needs (minor) patching to work
with recent Python. Most distributions have maintained patched versions,
but nose users should move to nose2
<https://docs.nose2.io/en/latest/index.html>. The nose decorators are like
the NumPy matrix module and financial functions, but I'm not convinced they
are worth keeping around when folks can move to nose2. Deprecation would be
a good first step and then we can see who complains.

<snip>

Chuck