[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.17.5 Released
Charles R Harris
charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 13:05:01 EST 2020
On behalf of the NumPy team I am pleased to announce that NumPy 1.17.5 has
been released. This release fixes bugs reported against the 1.17.4 release.
The supported Python versions are 3.5-3.7. This is the last planned release
that supports Python 3.5. Wheels for this release can be downloaded from
PyPI <https://pypi.org/project/numpy/1.17.5>, source archives and release
notes are available from Github
developers building this release should use Cython >= 0.29.14 and, if using
OpenBLAS, OpenBLAS >= v0.3.7.
It is recommended that developers interested in the new random bit
generators upgrade to the NumPy 1.18.x series, as it has updated
documentation and many small improvements.
- The ``np.testing.utils`` functions have been updated from 1.19.0-dev0.
This improves the function documentation and error messages as well
extending the ``assert_array_compare`` function to additional types.
A total of 6 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by their
names contributed a patch for the first time.
- Charles Harris
- Eric Wieser
- Ilhan Polat
- Matti Picus
- Michael Hudson-Doyle
- Ralf Gommers
*Pull requests merged*
A total of 8 pull requests were merged for this release.
- `#14593 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14593>`__: MAINT:
backport Cython API cleanup to 1.17.x, remove docs
- `#14937 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14937>`__: BUG: fix
integer size confusion in handling array's ndmin argument
- `#14939 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14939>`__: BUILD: remove
SSE2 flag from numpy.random builds
- `#14993 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14993>`__: MAINT: Added
Python3.8 branch to dll lib discovery
- `#15038 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15038>`__: BUG: Fix
refcounting in ufunc object loops
- `#15067 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15067>`__: BUG:
Exceptions tracebacks are dropped
- `#15175 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15175>`__: ENH: Backport
improvements to testing functions.
- `#15213 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15213>`__: REL: Prepare
for the NumPy 1.17.5 release.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion