[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.18.1 released
Charles R Harris
charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:20:30 EST 2020
On behalf of the NumPy team I am pleased to announce that NumPy 1.18.1 has
been released. This release contains fixes for bugs reported against NumPy
1.18.0. Two bugs in particular that caused widespread problems downstream
- The cython random extension test was not using a temporary directory
for building, resulting in a permission violation. Fixed.
- Numpy distutils was appending -std=c99 to all C compiler runs, leading
to changed behavior and compile problems downstream. That flag is now only
applied when building numpy C code.
The Python versions supported in this release are 3.5-3.8. Downstream
developers should use Cython >= 0.29.14 for Python 3.8 support and OpenBLAS
>= 3.7 to avoid errors on the Skylake architecture. Wheels for this
release can be downloaded from PyPI <https://pypi.org/project/numpy/1.18.1>,
source archives and release notes are available from Github
A total of 7 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by their
names contributed a patch for the first time.
- Charles Harris
- Matti Picus
- Maxwell Aladago
- Pauli Virtanen
- Ralf Gommers
- Tyler Reddy
- Warren Weckesser
*Pull requests merged*
A total of 13 pull requests were merged for this release.
- `#15158 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15158>`__: MAINT: Update
pavement.py for towncrier.
- `#15159 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15159>`__: DOC: add moved
modules to 1.18 release note
- `#15161 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15161>`__: MAINT, DOC:
Minor backports and updates for 1.18.x
- `#15176 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15176>`__: TST: Add
assert_array_equal test for big integer arrays
- `#15184 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15184>`__: BUG: use tmp
dir and check version for cython test.
- `#15220 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15220>`__: BUG:
distutils: fix msvc+gfortran openblas handling corner case
- `#15221 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15221>`__: BUG: remove
-std=c99 for c++ compilation
- `#15222 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15222>`__: MAINT: unskip
test on win32
- `#15223 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15223>`__: TST: add BLAS
ILP64 run in Travis & Azure
- `#15245 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15245>`__: MAINT: only
add --std=c99 where needed
- `#15246 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15246>`__: BUG: lib: Fix
handling of integer arrays by gradient.
- `#15247 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15247>`__: MAINT: Do not
use private Python function in testing
- `#15250 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/15250>`__: REL: Prepare
for the NumPy 1.18.1 release.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion