[Numpy-discussion] Is the build-system section of pyproject.toml a maintained list of the build dependencies?

Kevin Sheppard kevin.k.sheppard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 11:43:25 EST 2020

With recent versions of pip it will read the pyproject.toml file to get the
dependencies, and then install these in an isolated environment to build
the wheel, and then install the wheel.  The requires=[...] in the pyproject
is not installed in the original environment, so that when run on NumPy,
you would only end up with NumPy installed. Are you trying to get Cython
installed after an install of NumPy?  If you want this then it needs to be
listed in the setup as a dependency.