[Numpy-discussion] Google Summer of Docs Faq and Tutorial Proposed Structure .

Saber Tooth sabertooth2022 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:19:21 EDT 2020

Hi Melissa ,
I have been trying to follow https://numpy.org/devdocs/dev/index.html and
build docs , i am not able to execute the building albeit following the
exact guidelines.
Is there a slack channel for this as i'd be able to better explain /
resolve it there , till then :

I have tried make html command after adhering to the above link
Error when i haven't switched it to required git version :

installed numpy 32f514f546 != current repo git version '3cf4c28906'
use "make dist" or "GITVER=32f514f546 make html ..."
Makefile:93: recipe for target 'version-check' failed
make: *** [version-check] Error 1

Now when i make it work as per my installed numpy version :

There are quite a lot of warnings and many problems like :

document isn't included in any toctree
failed to import 'numpy.polynomial.set_default_printstyle': no module named
numpy.polynomial.set_default_printstyle
WARNING: autodoc: failed to import module 'typing' from module 'numpy'; the
following exception was raised:
No module named 'numpy.typing'

Many modules were missing which gave a warning ,

Now maybe the errors are coming in just my workspace , but I have tried
reinstalling everything , got the latest version of cython too .

It would be really helpful for me if you are able to give me some advice ,
or a workaround for the problem