[Numpy-discussion] Collection of Questions for Explanations

Saber Tooth sabertooth2022 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 01:59:27 EDT 2020

Hi Mentors ,

In the last Docs meeting , we discussed about Explanations and ways we
could use to gather relevant topics for which we could provide explanations
. The light was shed upon mining of questions firstly from numpy
communities via Discussion like groups , then move to other sources .

We can mine such topics from the NumPy community via mining email threads
of numpy-discussion at python.org  for Questions . Apart from doing this I am
thinking of opening an issue , the track of which will be kept by me and
other contributors if they wish . We can write relevant topics for
explanations over there . The link to this issue can be shared with
numpy-discussion at python.org and other NumPy community forums , where
contributors can comment their questions or queries which they wish to get
documented  .

This way we can avoid multiple Github issues by using one Github issue ,
moreover this issue will populate queries from the community which will be
visible to everyone and may give rise to ideas regarding explanations which
we haven't thought about , in fact we can close other such issues later by
moving their queries to this issue .

In this manner we can have enough data within a month or two to document an
Explanations page . Then we could frame explanations from this pool of data
in this single Github issue ,

Do suggest your ideas/advice for the following and also if we should be
doing something else .

Thanks ,
Mrinal Tyagi