[Numpy-discussion] An alternative to vectorize that lets you access the array?

Ram Rachum ram at rachum.com
Sun Jul 12 10:19:30 EDT 2020

Thank you Sebastian and Andras for your detailed replies.

Sebastian, your suggestion of adding `item.item()` solved my problem! Now
the for loop is still slower than vectorize, but by a smaller factor, and
that's fast enough for my demonstration. My problem is solved and I'm very
happy!

I also tried your `out=` suggestion for vectorize, but I think you made a
mistake, as it doesn't seem that it takes that argument. If I missed
something and it does (maybe it's a very new feature?) that would be even
better for me than the `.item()` solution.