[Numpy-discussion] Discussion around How-to ,Tutorials.

Saber Tooth sabertooth2022 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:14:17 EDT 2020

Hello Melissa ,

Are we having our Docs meeting on 20th July ?
If yes , then could we have some discussion around the structure of
tutorials ,how-to sections .
I wanted to discuss how we are planning to distinguish between the two ,
should the How-to be straightforward solutions like here
<https://matplotlib.org/3.2.2/gallery/lines_bars_and_markers/bar_stacked.html#sphx-glr-gallery-lines-bars-and-markers-bar-stacked-py>
or
something else .
Tutorials should be structured as in here
<https://matplotlib.org/3.2.2/tutorials/introductory/usage.html#sphx-glr-tutorials-introductory-usage-py>
or
something else .

The general belief is when we hear the word "How to" is that we are greeted
to just the solution of the problem like above , while when we hear
Tutorials we are greeted to  Detailed solutions with explanations for most
of the steps .

Thanks ,
Mrinal