[Numpy-discussion] Numpy FFT normalization options issue (addition of new option)

leofang leo80042 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:53:17 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Since I brought this issue from CuPy to Numpy, I'd like to see a decision
made sooner than later so that downstream libraries like SciPy and CuPy can
act accordingly. I think norm='forward' is fine. If there're still people
unhappy with it after my reply, I'd suggest norm='reverse'. It has the same
meaning, but is less confusing (than 'inverse' or other choices on the
table) to me.

Best,
Leo

--