[Numpy-discussion] Good use of __dunder__ methods in numpy

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Thu Mar 5 13:31:30 EST 2020

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 11:14 +0400, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I have a talk about dunder methods in Python
>
> (
> https://conference.mscc.mu/speaker/67604187-57c3-4be6-987c-ea4bef388ad3
> )
>
> and it would be nice to include Numpy in the mix. Can someone point
> me to one or two use cases / file link where dunder methods help
> numpy?

I am not sure in what sense you are looking for. NumPy has its own set
of dunder methods (some of which should not be used super much
probably), like `__array__`, `__array_interface__`, `__array_ufunc__`,
`__array_function__`, `__array_finalize__`, ...
So we are using `__array_*__` for numpy related dunders.

Of course we use most Python defined dunders, but I am not sure that
you are looking for that?

Best,

Sebastian