[Numpy-discussion] Documentation Team Meetings - all are welcome!

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:24:40 EDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 8:21 PM Melissa Mendonça <melissawm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As part of NumPy's recent focus on documentation writing and improvement
> (see NEP 44), we are proposing a regular meeting for the Documentation Team
> to discuss possible content, ideas and general planning. A small group had
> been participating in these meetings (which started as part of the Google
> Season of Docs project) but the idea is to recruit more people who might be
> interested in documentation writing and the creation of educational
> materials using NumPy.

Thanks Melissa!

A couple of things to add:
1. A plug for Melissa's nice blog post "Documentation as a way to build
Community":
https://labs.quansight.org/blog/2020/03/documentation-as-a-way-to-build-community/
2. There are some bigger picture topics on the agenda, such as the docs
refactor, and starting a new Jupyter notebooks tutorial - see
https://hackmd.io/oB_boakvRqKR-_2jRV-Qjg?edit.
3. Please feel free to add more topics.

Please join tomorrow if you're interested in higher quality educational
materials!

> For now, the meetings will take place every three weeks, on mondays 3PM
> UTC. If you wish to join on Zoom, you need to use this link

This is 8am Pacific Time, 11am Eastern Time, 4pm Europe, 8pm India, 11pm
China - maximizing for regions of the world who can join (sorry
Aus-Pacific, let us know if you'd join some other time).

Cheers,
Ralf