[Numpy-discussion] Call for Reviewers

Anirudh Subramanian anirudh2290 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 16:27:40 EDT 2020

Hi all,

This topic was brought up in the triage meeting today. Numpy is seeing a
huge surge in the number of PRs (current open PRs: 253) which could means
two things: 1. Increase in volume of incoming PRs 2. Not enough reviewers
to review the PRs.

One thing that was discussed in the meeting was to add a stale label : "61
- Stale" which has already been added by Sebastian.

The community needs some help here and I think you can help irrespective of
your level of experience with the numpy codebase:

1. Experienced numpy developers - To help review PRs for the areas they are
already familiar with.
2. New contributors - Can help tag a stale PR or summarizing a long running
discussing and next or reviewing PRs/triaging issues (for example DOC PRs
should be a good starting point).

Numpy community has been generous with Triage access and if you are
interested in Triaging PRs or Issues, please reply on this thread and a
committer should probably be able to help.

I welcome more inputs on what we should do to reduce the number of open
PRs, and what would help increase contributors or for contributors to do
more reviews.

Anirudh