[Numpy-discussion] new numpy.org is live

Inessa Pawson albuscode at gmail.com
Sun May 24 08:10:15 EDT 2020

The NumPy web team is excited to announce the launch of the newly
redesigned numpy.org. To transform the website into a comprehensive, yet
user-centric, resource of all things NumPy was a primary focus of this
months-long effort. We thank Joe LaChance, Ralf Gommers, Shaloo Shalini,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak, Ross Barnowski, and Mars Lee for their extensive
contributions to the project.

The new site features a curated collection of NumPy related educational
resources for every user level, an overview of the entire Python scientific
computing ecosystem, and several case studies highlighting the importance
of the library to the many advances in scientific research as well as the
industry in recent years. The “Install” and “Get Help” pages offer advice
on how to find answers to installation and usage questions, while those who
are looking to connect with others within our large and diverse community
will find the “Community” page very helpful.

The new website will be updated on a regular basis with news about the
NumPy project development milestones, community initiatives and events.
Visitors are encouraged to explore the website and sign up for the
newsletter.

Next, the NumPy web team will focus on updating graphics and project
identity (a new logo is coming!), adding an installation widget and
translations, better integrating the project documentation via the new
Sphinx theme, and improving the interactive terminal experience. Also, we
are looking to expand our portfolio of case studies and would appreciate
any assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Inessa Pawson
NumPy web team