[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.20.x branch in two weeks

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 1 21:44:03 EST 2020

NetworkX is currently planning to support 3.6 for our coming 2.6
release (dec 2020) and 3.0 release (early 2021).  We had originally
thought about following NEP 29.  But I assumed it had been abandoned,
since neither NumPy nor SciPy dropped Python 3.6 on Jun 23, 2020.

NetworkX is likely to continue supporting whatever versions of Python
both NumPy and SciPy support regardless of what NEP 29 says.  I
wouldn't be surprised if other projects do the same thing.

Jarrod