[Numpy-discussion] The mu.py script will keep running and never end.

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:54:55 EDT 2020

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:50 AM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:41 PM Andrea Gavana <andrea.gavana at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > That is not what I meant: what I meant is: write the time consuming part
> of your code in C or Fortran and then bridge it to Python using Cython or
> f2py.
>
> I understand your meaning, but I think that for such small job, why
> not do them with pure C/Fortran if we must bother them?

If it's a small job, don't bother optimizing it further at all. We don't
know how important this is for you. We can only make conditional
recommendations ("if it's worth spending development effort to gain speed,
here are some ways to do that"). Balancing the development effort with the
utility of further performance gains is entirely up to you.

--
Robert Kern