[Numpy-discussion] setuptools/distutils merger & numpy.distutils

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 07:12:06 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Preliminary conclusion: let's pin all packages to setuptools < 50.0 and
wait for 6-9 months till the dust settles. Things may still change; the
reception of PEP 632 [1] hasn't been a "great idea, let's just rip it out
without a plan" one so far.

Cheers,
Ralf

[1] https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-632-deprecate-distutils-module/5134