[Numpy-discussion] the NumPy paper is out!

Frederic Bastien fbastien at nvidia.com
Wed Sep 16 15:54:11 EDT 2020

Congratulations everybody!

From: NumPy-Discussion <numpy-discussion-bounces+fbastien=nvidia.com at python.org> On Behalf Of Francesc Alted
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:50 PM
To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion at python.org>
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] the NumPy paper is out!

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

Very well written article! Congratulations everybody, most specially Travis and Chuck for their outstanding work!

El dc., 16 set. 2020, 19.54, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com<mailto:ralf.gommers at gmail.com>> va escriure:
Hi all,

Nature published our first official paper: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2649-2

And here is the Twitter announcement: https://twitter.com/numpy_team/status/1306268442450972674

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this milestone! A few special mentions:

Chuck, for many years of tireless labour keeping our code base in good shape, and being the top committer on the NumPy project by now with more than twice the commits (says `git shortlog -sn`) as the number two committer. This is why Chuck is the first author on the paper.

Travis, for creating NumPy. This is why Travis is the last author on the paper, as our "elder statesman".

Jarrod and Stéfan, for spending a ton of time on making this the best possible paper we could possibly produce on NumPy.

Cheers,
Ralf