[Numpy-discussion] MAINT: Use of except-pass blocks

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 14:57:38 EDT 2021

In both of those situations, the `pass` aspect makes sense, although they
probably should specify a better exception class to catch. The first one,
with the copyto() has a comment that explains what is goingon. The second
one, dealing with adding to the docstring, is needed because one can run
python in the "optimized" mode, which strips out docstrings.