[Numpy-discussion] MAINT: Use of except-pass blocks

Michael Dubravski mdubravski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:12:42 EDT 2021

Okay thank you for the input. Do you have any recommendations for the type of exception classes that they could be changed to?

From: NumPy-Discussion <numpy-discussion-bounces+mdubravski=gmail.com at python.org> on behalf of Benjamin Root <ben.v.root at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 2:58 PM
To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion at python.org>
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] MAINT: Use of except-pass blocks

In both of those situations, the `pass` aspect makes sense, although they probably should specify a better exception class to catch. The first one, with the copyto() has a comment that explains what is goingon. The second one, dealing with adding to the docstring, is needed because one can run python in the "optimized" mode, which strips out docstrings.