[Numpy-discussion] two questions about `choose`

bas van beek bas.vanbeek at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:22:33 EDT 2021

After a taking a closer look at the `np.choose` docs I think we should change `choices: npt.ArrayLike` into `choices: Sequence[npt.ArrayLike]`.

This would resolve the issue, but it’d also mean that directly passing an array will be prohibited (as far as type checkers are concerned).
The docs do mention that the outermost container should be a list or tuple anyway, so I’m not convinced that this new typing restriction would be a huge loss.

Regards, Bas