[Numpy-discussion] ENH: Proposal to add KML_BLAS support

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:10:45 EST 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:42 PM ChunLin Fang <qiyu8f at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for asking, this is a simple explanation for your questions:
> 1. The download link of KML_BLAS:
> The Chinese page is
> https://www.huaweicloud.com/kunpeng/software/KML_BLAS.html
> The English page is
> https://kunpeng.huawei.com/en/#/developer/devkit/library,  you can find a
> "Math Library" Navigation entry in the bottom of this page. "KML_BLAS" lies
> in there.
> 2. The license/redistribution policy of KML_BLAS:
> The license is very similar to intel MKL, The license file is in the
> process of making.
> 3.How to support KML_BLAS:
> The support process is similar to BLIS, just need to add to
> numpy.distutils, KML_BLAS will not open source in the near future.

This sounds fine to me, and the performance is potentially interesting to
ARMv8 users. Do you want to open a PR?

Side note: the email client you are using is breaking threading, you may
want to tweak a setting for that or change to another client.

Cheers,
Ralf

4.What kind of ARM chips are supported: