[Numpy-discussion] numpy.linalg interference with matplot.lib

Frederix96 frederix.noel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:51:14 EST 2021

Dear numpy community,

I am having an issue with numpy.linalg where a matrix inversion of a
complex matrix using numpy.linalg.inv results in containing nan values
when a plot of any kind was performed beforehand by matplotlib. For the
specific details on the problem and what I have tried already see the
stackoverflow post I started a month ago:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65183984/why-does-plotting-something-with-matplotlib-change-the-first-outcome-of-a-numpy

I know that this problem has to do with some specifics of the maschine I
am using, as it does not happen on other maschines I tried. However it
still appears after rebuilding my entire python enviroment. Hence I ran
out of options appart from setting up my whole PC from scratch again,
which I would rather not do.

Is some problem like this known in the community?

Has anyone an idea at which other specifications of my system it might
be worth taking a look at?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Frederix96