[Numpy-discussion] NumPy EOL Versions?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:03:24 EST 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 4:41 PM Matti Picus <matti.picus at gmail.com> wrote:

> This message ended up in my spam box for some reason, sorry for the late
> reply.
>

> We typically release a new version twice a year, and support two
> versions at a time. So right now we are releasing version 1.20 and will
> support 1.19 and 1.20 for the next period. When 1.21 is released, we
> will support 1.20 and 1.21. Support for the released version is limited
> to bug fixes.

Is this two-version thing actually something we're committed to doing?
Chuck started doing it at some point, which as release manager is his
decision - but I don't think we ever really decided or announced this as a
policy.

If we're committed to it, we should probably mention it somewhere in the
docs or release how-to. And I should go update our Tidelift data.

Cheers,
Ralf