[Numpy-discussion] NumPy video content: creating a YouTube channel

Melissa Mendonça melissawm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:44:22 EST 2021

Hi all,

The NumPy Documentation Team has been discussing video content as part of
our outreach and documentation efforts, in part inspired by the excellent
Spyder IDE channel [1]. At our last meeting, we realized there is already a
good amount of content about NumPy on YouTube (a few examples [2, 3, 4]).
We thought about creating a YouTube account for NumPy and listing those
videos in a playlist, initially. Eventually, we can also add our own videos
about how to contribute - we're still brainstorming on those.

I'm writing to the mailing list to ask the community for input on creating
this as an official channel for NumPy. If you have any thoughts or
questions regarding this, please let us know.

Cheers,

Melissa

[1] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAOyvaOj7dMnavvGUkz9Djg
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTJD_FDVjU