[Numpy-discussion] numpy histogram data

Keith Sloan keith at sloan-home.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 11:46:56 EDT 2021

Okay I have some data which I have created a scatter plot
<http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/file/t2643/A2D75C32-6DAF-4DA7-B7AE-9DE8C2B0D07A.jpeg>

I have also created a histogram of red Galaxy counts for redshift with

RedEllipticalMasses.keep_columns(['uminusr','Z_1'])
RedEllipticalMasses.sort(['Z_1','uminusr'])
counts, bins = np.histogram(RedEllipticalMasses['Z_1'],bins=80)
fig, ax = plt.subplots(1, 1, figsize=(12,8)) # make the figure with the size
10 x 8 inches
fig.suptitle("2 - Histogram Count of Red Galaxies versus Redshift")
plt.hist(bins[:-1], bins, weights=counts)
plt.show()
<http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/file/t2643/05EA171B-3CA3-4834-83FE-31EEB60B744C.jpeg>

Is there a way to created the histogram data for a stacked histogram formed
from different ranges of redness 'uminusr'?

Also is there an easy way of extracting the point information for the
midpoints of each histogram column?

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/