[Numpy-discussion] request to remove the numpy-aarch64 package from PyPI

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:46:57 EDT 2021

Hi all,

FYI, I noticed this package that claimed to be maintained by us:
https://pypi.org/project/numpy-aarch64/. That's not ours, so I tried to
contact the author (no email provided, but guessed the same username on
GitHub) and asked to remove it:
https://github.com/tomasriv/DNA_Sequence/issues/1.

There are a very large number of packages with "numpy" in the name on PyPI,
and there's no way we can audit/police that effectively, but if it's a
rebuild that pretends like it's official then I think it's worth doing
something about. It could contain malicious code for all we know.

Cheers,
Ralf