[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.20.1 availability

Jerome Kieffer Jerome.Kieffer at esrf.fr
Mon Mar 15 03:58:14 EDT 2021

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 10:14:13 +0000
Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm impressed to see 17 million conda-forge numpy downloads, vs
> 'just' 2.5 million downloads of the default channel's package:

I doubt the download figures from conda are correct ...

A couple of days after my software package has entered "conda-forge" its
metric was already 2 orders of magnitude larger than any other distribution route:
pip, debian packages, ... Since I know the approximate size of the
community, I have some doubts on the figures.

I suspect downloads for CI are all accounted and none cached, ...

Cheers,

Jerome