[Numpy-discussion] Prospective technical writer for GSoD 2021 under NumPy

Ronnie Gandhi ronniegandhi19999 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 03:21:03 EDT 2021

Hello,

I am Ronnie Gandhi, a Computer Science undergrad from IIT Roorkee in my
final year.I am interested in working on NumPy's documentation problem
statement "HIGH-LEVEL RESTRUCTURING AND END-USER FOCUS - NumPy".

I have successfully completed *GSoD2020
<https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/2020/participants/project-libreoffice-krezhairo>*(my
display name is Krezhairo) under *LibreOffice*, I have done* GSoC 2019*,
and *2020 *under CGAL, and I have been contributing to open-source
development for quite a while. I have also done Data Science internships at
*Microsoft*, Hyderabad in 2019 and 2020.

I am very well versed with GitHub, git, and CLI tools. Also from my past
GSoD2020 experience I know Sphinx, Markdown, reStructuredText, XML as well.

In terms of technical writing experience,

   - Under the Season of Docs 2020 program, I was given an opportunity to
   populate the wiki pages for the Calc functions of LibreOffice. I updated
   and populated the wiki pages for 340 of Calc functions in many categories
   for which the documentation was quite shallow and incomplete on the wiki
   pages.
      - For some of the examples of previous technical writing that I have
      successfully completed in GSoD 2020 under LibreOffice where I
      edited/populated 340+ sparse wiki pages of Calc functions. Some of the
      examples are as follows:
      -
         https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/YIELDDISC

         -
         https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/CHIDIST

         -
         https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/SIN

         -
         https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/DAVERAGE
         -
         https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/Guidelines
      If you want to look into more examples, you can find them here:
      https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Calc_Functions/List_of_Functions
(this
      is the new link where the "Find Functions" page is shifted sorry for the
      blank page)

   - I have also had created the developer docs as a part of my GSoC2019
   and GsoC2020 program updating my progress under CGAL org. (some
   screenshots to the work since it is behind login wall
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UtuD_6Hu59hJwdzqumSkVyRJeNcDxT5c?usp=sharing>)(although
   no important data)

For my c++ experience,

   - My GSoC2019
   <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2019/projects/4989489175330816/>
    and GSoC2020
   <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2020/projects/5667696160538624/>
projects
   were completely in C++ and Qt5 (my display name is Krezhairo).

For my python experience,

   - As a data scientist intern at Microsoft, a large part of my work was
   in python and jupyter notebook. I have had multiple occasions to use NumPy.

My GitHub link: https://github.com/RonnieGandhi

I am attaching my detailed resume for your reference.

Kind regards,
Ronnie