[omaha] Tutorial: integer division

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sat Dec 1 20:55:47 CET 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
> You can change the current behavior and jump in to
> the future by using the __future__ module (not kidding) .

Wow... Thanks!

More than anyone ever wanted to know:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0238/

So I guess this change has been flagged for future release since
2001... For release in Python 3, which is not scheduled.

<off topic>
Many good ideas from Perl 6 (whose release is not scheduled) are
being stolen and incorporated into Perl 5, changing the language
definition...  :)

Python
   There should be one -- and preferably only one -- obvious way to
do it.
   http://www.python.org/dev/culture.html

Perl
   There is more than one way to do it.