[omaha] Python in the Browser - brought to you by Microsoft?

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Wed May 2 04:46:30 CEST 2007

Who would have guessed that MS would be the first to really put python
in the browser? I know you can jump through hoops to make a browser
support python but it was not something you could do for a public
website.

There have been a bunch of announcements in the past couple of days
about IronPython and SilverLight -- will they beat firefox?
Personally, I'm giddy about the prospect of using Python instead of
javascript.  John Udell's blog entry tonight specifically mentions
that exact combination.
http://blog.jonudell.net/2007/05/01/watching-anders-hejlsberg-reinvent-the-relationship-between-programs-and-data/

Finally, things are starting to get exciting again.

--
Jeff Hinrichs