[omaha] Updated website

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Nov 15 01:26:58 CET 2007

Eli Criffield wrote:
> You i guess (Jay)
> So how do we get in? Does he need to be there to let us in?

-laugh-  uhh...   Back in September I threw Jon's hat in the ring
because he said it'd be OK for Pythonistas to meet at PKI. Jeff Hinrichs
(Python group leader, right?) said he'd contact Jon:

(Why is the email archive private? It should be public.)

That's all I know. I don't want to step on Jeff's toes if he's in the
middle of some complex negotiation I'm not aware of...  :)    It would
be great if the leader made the official contact since presumably the
leader's attendance rate will be very high.

Burch Kealey wrote:
> If it is not done through the room scheduling system then
> you do not have a claim on the room.

Yes. I assume Jeff will have no trouble officially reserving a room via
Jon or another faculty representative.

Burch Kealey wrote:

> However, I don't understand how the
> University will let people park on campus without a parking permit during
> the week.  If you get a room scheduled please be sure to get positive
> confirmation about parking.

Indeed. The Dynamic Language Users Group says they've "never had a
problem" meeting once a month @ 7pm. I don't know if they've just gotten
lucky or what. I can't remember who they said their faculty sponsor was.

DynLUG: http://www.blainebuxton.com/odynug/