[omaha] Meeting Notes

Mike Hostetler mike at hostetlerhome.com
Fri Aug 8 16:26:45 CEST 2008

Count me in.

What itches to we have to scratch?  I
wouldn't mind a Django DB migration script but it seems people are working
on it:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SchemaEvolution

I can think of a few, techie things that I would like to see. . . .

Charles Kaminski wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Jeff mentioned in his notes that I pitched the idea of an
open-source
> project for OPUG.
>
> Wednesday's
meeting attendee's were receptive and most were outwardly

interested.

> I pitched the idea given that there are
existing opportunities in the
> world
> of open-source
software.  There are a number of existing and popular
> projects
that could be improved greatly using Python (a few are difficult

to implement reliably, but could be a snap for end users using python)
and
> where for one reason or another (mostly because of companies
hiring the
> sponsors), the project's may be dieing off.
>

> A good way to approach this might be to:

 1. First see who on the list is interested and can contribute time to
>    project.
>    2. Discuss possible projects and have
the group of interested people
> pick
>    one.

  3. Submit high level designs.
>    4. Get started.
>
> So if you're interest in participating, we want to hear from
you.

> -Charles
>
> On Thu, Aug 7,
2008 at 7:29 AM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T