[omaha] Encrypted Decentralized File Storage

Eli Criffield elicriffield at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:20:40 CET 2008

Sounds like wuala
They have a distributed online file system written in Java, and there
trying to make some kind of business out of it, Not sure where the
money comes in.

There website is http://wua.la
There's a good tech talk video on how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xKZ4KGkQY8

If anyone wants a Wuala invite let me know i think i have some left.

I've tried a few different distributed file systems for local systems.
I like glusterfs the best because It seems the simplest.
 http://www.gluster.org/glusterfs.php
GlusterFS is sorta like NFS with several "servers" and it round robins
where it puts the file, so the total space is the total of whats free
on all the servers.

Eli Criffield